Facebook has changed your contact email address to a new @facebook! No opt in. A spammer’s delight!
Facebook has annoyed users by hiding their email addresses listed in our contact information and replacing it with a @facebook address. This has the potential of driving traffic to the Facebook site and increasing advertising sales.
Of course the company spokesman says that it is done for the sake of consistency. We are providing every Facebook user with their own Facebook email address because we find that many users find it useful to connect with each other, but using Facebook email is completely up to you.”
The plan was quietly announced months ago, but never really attracted any attention. Now that it has been implemented, many Facebook users are predicting a big backlash response as people discover the latest invasion on personal information.
To undo the change you need only go into the “about” link on your profile and choose “edit” . Then you can choose make the Facebook address hidden from Facebook Timeline and make one of your other email addresses visible once again.
A spammer’s delight! All Facebook addresses will be simply, the persons name with @facebook.com. So Now anyone can harvest Facebook names off the Web and fill your “other” folder with tons of advertising and get their company name out in front of millions of viewers for free! Priceless.
3 Tips For Better Text Messaging
Text messaging is rapidly increasing around the world. We are becoming a species of thumb typers.
The following three tips will help you speed things up and save you from possible musculoskeletal disorders that can be caused by long term texting.
Good posture will give you the stamina you need to keep on texting without feeling tired or cramped or doing permanent damage to your musculoskeletal system. A study was undertaken by the Source Department of Temple University in Philadelphia, PA where they watched young adults texting in a public place. They found no difference in style by gender, but there was a difference in posture. Most young women tend to keep their elbows at a 90 degree angle and tucked close to their bodies. The men rounded out their shoulders and both genders (for the most part) extend their neck out. Over one third of the people typed with only the right thumb. A long term study is needed to see what effect these unusual postures will have on our bodies.
By turning your phone sideways for the ‘landscape’ view you have a much larger keyboard, which is more suitable for thumb typing. Not every app will work in landscape mode but most do.
Practice, Practice and you will be amazed at the speed you can type with using only two thumbs. Memorize the position of your home keys by touching your thumbs together over the G H keys and then spreading them apart so they are over the F J keys. These are your home keys.
Pick a simple combination of words and functions and type them over and over again in a sample text. You could start off by capitalizing the first letter of each word and then hit the return key. Say you pick the words ' Are You There? '. Type them repeatedly into a message and hit the enter key after each sentence. Look at the screen not at the Keys! It is supposed to look like a complete mess at first, but believe me it will get better and you will be amazed by the quick results you achieve.
Patience and persistence pays off. After a while this method of thumb typing will be second nature to you. Your friends will be amazed. So, don’t give up keep trying and let us know how you are progressing.
A Working Lunch,
By Wendy Works
A business lunch can be a powerful tool when it comes to capturing the loyalty of new and potential clients. Don’t be afraid of it. If you are not used to this type of venue, then you can quickly master the tips and tricks of hosting and you can own the lunch.
1. Be ultra-organized. E-mail all invitations and confirm the guest list. Make sure that you mention that reservations have been made for a specific number of people, that way nobody will include any friends, family or even worse their legal advisers. Let everyone know who will be attending along with their profiles.
2. Check out the restaurant reviews online and also get opinions from people you know who have been there. If possible make a visit at lunch time and see how quickly people are being served; is there a preferred seating that would complement your meeting; does the menu offer vegetarian dishes. Ask the restaurant for suggestions from the menu and any specials they may wish to offer.
3. Dress in conservative business attire. Leave your phone on until everyone has arrived then make a show of turning it off and hopefully everyone will follow your lead. If there are more than two people meeting for the first time ask everyone to introduce themselves. Sometimes name cards on the table can be quite helpful.
4. Never be rude to the restaurant staff (repeat 3 times). Being rude can be a real deal breaker. A business lunch can show more about a person’s character flaws and strengths in only one hour than a hundred emails. Things like: How they handle poor service; are they drinking too much alcohol; do they have bad table manners (talking with their mouth full of food); or inappropriate conversation topics.
5. Learn some formal etiquette. Which water glass is yours? Which Bread plate? Remember BMW it isn’t just a great car it also is a great way of remembering the correct order of the table. B is for bread (on your left) M is for meal plate (in front of you) and W is for water (on your right). Forks and knives? Just work from the outside in for each course and dessert utensils are laid out at the top of your plate. Napkin should be folded in your lap.
6. Always pay with a credit card. If you pull out cash then it might start an avalanche of people chipping in for the meal. You could make arrangements a head of time or slip your credit card to the server during the meal.
Keep lunch to a minimum of two hours and then stand up and thank everyone for attending. Make sure when you get back to the office that you send a nice thank you note to everyone who was kind enough to attend.
Business lunches are extremely important. It is one of the benefits of working in the city where you can meet everyone for lunch, but try to keep the cost down and the conversation flowing.